INSTRUCTIONS - READ CAREFULLY:
To be eligible for a grant the applying organization must be a qualifying entity as defined under applicable sections of the Internal Revenue Code: 501(c)3 organizations; governmental entities; public school. If you have questions regarding eligibility please contact the Foundation-all qualifying entities are encouraged to apply.
- A cover letter should be included with each application, which introduces your organization and your grant proposal and makes a connection between your proposal and our mission and grantmaking interests. Please keep this cover letter to one typed page in length.
- Please submit 5 copies of your grant proposal.
- Include the attached Grant Budget Sheet.
- Include the attached Grant Application Cover Sheet
- You may include letters of support for your project from other organizations
Where applicable please include the information requested below in #6, #7, #8 and #9.
- Include a list of your Board of Directors and affiliations.
- Include a copy of your organization’s current annual operating budget, including expenses and revenue.
- Include a copy of your most recent annual financial statement (independently audited, if available; if not available, attach your Form 990).
- Include your annual report, if available.
Please Note the following:
• Grant money must be paid out within one year of approval of the grant.
• Review of completed grant applications will be at the discretion of the Fund’s Advisory Committee.
• Please call the Foundation office if you have any questions.
Please return your completed application to:
Sturgis Area Community Foundation
John Wiedlea and Mary Dresser Co-Directors
310 N. Franks Avenue
Sturgis, MI 49091
Phone: (269) 659-8508 Fax: (269) 659-4539