INSTRUCTIONS - READ CAREFULLY:
Complete the following form in its entirety. After filling in the form,
click the button to create your printable pages.
A cover letter should be included with each application, which introduces your organization and your grant proposal and makes a connection between your proposal and the purpose of the fund. Please keep this cover letter to one typed page in length.
- Please submit 11 copies of your grant proposal.
- Include a copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501 ( c ) 3 tax-exempt status. **
- Include a list of your Board of Directors and affiliations.
- Include a copy of your organization’s current annual operating budget, including expenses and revenue.
- Include a copy of your most recent annual financial statement (independently audited, if available; if not available, attach your Form 990. **
- Include the attached Grant Budget Sheet.
- Include the attached Grant Application Cover Sheet and attachment B.
- You may include letters of support for your project from other organizations.
- Include your annual report, if available.
- Grant money must be paid out within one year of approval.
- Each grantee receiving over $1,000.00 shall provide a written report to the Foundation of the outcome of the program for which the grant was given including the number of participants or people affected (if applicable).
- Programs must be for youth under age 18 and for seniors over age 65.
- Please call our office if you have any questions.
** If you have submitted your annual financial report to the Foundation within the last year, or your 501C 3 letter is in our file, you do not have to submit another with this application.
GRANT APPLICATIONS are due October 15th annually or on an alternative date set by SACF
Please return your completed application to:
* Sturgis Area Community Foundation - 310 N. Franks Avenue - Sturgis,