Current Scholarship & Grant Applications
The Sturgis Area Community Foundation is committed to serving the charitable needs of our community, and enriching the quality of life for all people in the Sturgis area by ...
- Serving as a leader, catalyst and resource for philanthropy;
- Building permanent endowments through creative partnerships & engaged grant making;
- Supporting a broad range of programs and projects;
- Helping people fulfill their charitable goals now and for future generations
The Foundation is committed to addressing a broad range of issue areas including arts and culture, community and economic development, education, health, human services, housing, seniors and youth.
What does the Sturgis Area Community Foundation prefer to fund?
- Seed money for start-up of innovative projects
- Programs serving a broad segment of the Sturgis area community
- Programs able to leverage grants from other sources
- Programs which address prevention as well as treatment
- Programs which promote collaboration with several agencies or programs
- Programs likely to be continuous and self-supporting
- Projects which encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
What the Foundation does not support:
The Foundation does not consider more than one proposal from the same organization for the same program or project within a 24 month period and does not support:
- Operating support-funding for the day-to-day costs of running organizations
- Existing programs for ongoing expenses-funding for the day-to-day operating costs of existing programs
- Religious programs that appear to serve a specific denomination or do not serve the broader community
- Individuals, except through scholarships
- Existing obligations or debts/liabilities
- Capital equipment such as vans or computers unless they are anintegral part of a worthwhile fundable program
- Fundraising events or endowment campaigns
How does an organization apply for a grant?
Please contact any Board member or the office of the Sturgis Area Community Foundation for details about our application form and the procedures we require from our grant seekers. Forms are available at the Foundation office or by clicking on the Box to the upper right!
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for a grant?
To be eligible for support, organizations and institutions must have tax exempt status under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or be a public schools, municipalities or other governmental entities that serve a charitable purpose as defined by IRC §170(b)(1)(A) in the Sturgis area.