Current Scholarship & Grant Applications
The Sturgis Area Community Foundation is committed to serving the charitable needs of our community, thereby enhancing the quality of life for all people in the Sturgis Area. We will accomplish this by ...
- Serving as a community leader and resource for philanthropy
- Supporting a broad range of programs and projects
- Helping people fulfill their charitable dreams
- Building permanent endowments from a wide range of donors
What are the priorities of The Sturgis Area Community Foundation YAC?
- Alcohol/drug abuse/drunk driving
- Teen Pregnancy
- Child Abuse
- Teen Sexual Issues
- School Dropouts
- Juvenile Crime
What does The Sturgis Area Community Foundation prefer to fund?
- Seed money for start up of innovative projects
- Programs serving the Sturgis area community
- Programs to leverage grants from other sources
- Programs which address prevention as well as treatment
- Programs which collaborate with several agencies
- Programs likely to be continuous and self supporting
What does The Sturgis Area Community Foundation prefer not to fund?
- Existing obligations or debts
- Religious programs that appear to serve a specific religious denomination
- Fundraising events
How does an organization apply for a grant?
Please contact any Board member or the office of the Foundation for details about our application form and the procedures we require from our grant seekers. Forms are available at the Foundation office.
What are the eligibility requirements to apply for a grant?
To be eligible for support, organizations and institutions must have tax exempt status under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code.